Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 - 2 Small to Medium Bowls or sealable gallon-sized freezer bags
- 1 Medium nonstick skillet
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 4 6 oz cod fillets cut into nuggets
- ⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup hot chips crushed (Flamin' Hot Cheetos)
- ½ Tbsp Dash Original seasoning
- ½ Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dash Lemon Pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp organic turmeric
- Canola oil for frying
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk the first 3 ingredients (egg, hot sauce, and milk) in a medium bowl or Ziploc bag; add the cod and set aside in the fridge to soak for 30 minutes.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients (flour, crushed chips, Mrs. Dash, Old Bay, lemon pepper, and turmeric) in a bowl.
- Heat 1-inch of oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. To test whether or not the oil is ready to fry, take a pinch of your dry dredge and drop it into the oil. If it begins to react by bubbling and gradually frying to pop, then you're ready! If it just lands on top of the oil, floating around, then you need to try again in a few minutes.
- When the oil is hot enough, remove the fish from the milk mixture and dredge in the flour mixture, turning to coat. Place in the hot oil, frying until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate or baking rack (for crispier fish) to drain; season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Serve with hash browns (pictured) or cole slaw ~ just to name a few side dish ideas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!