Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 KitchenAid Mixer whisk attachment
- 1 Bundt cake pan
- 1 box Duncan Hines Signature German Chocolate Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F for metal and glass pan(s) and 325°F for dark or coated pan(s). Add 3 - 5 minutes for dark or coated pan(s).
- Grease the sides and bottom of your chosen pan(s) and flour lightly OR use PAM baking spray. Use baking cups for cupcakes. We chose a bundt pan, so we sprayed it with PAM spray generously!
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (just about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in pan(s) and bake immediately.
- Bake in the center of the oven following the chart below. Add 3 - 5 minutes for dark or coated pan(s). The cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake(s) in the pan(s) on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Remove the cake(s) from the pan(s) and cool completely before frosting.
Pan Size and Baking Times:
- (2) 8-Inch: Bake Time: 23-28 min(2) 9-Inch: Bake Time: 22-27 min13 x 9-Inch: Bake Time: 22-27 minBundt: Bake Time: 33-36 min24 cupcakes: Bake Time: 16-19 min
Served alongside some homemade Eggless Ice Cream would be nice for any occasion!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!