Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 1.25 quarts
- 1 KitchenAid Artisan Mixer w/ Ice Cream Attachment
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar break up clumps OR omit
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Before using the Ice Cream Maker Attachment, check that your freezer is set to its coldest setting. Place the freeze bowl in the freezer for a minimum of 15 hours up to 36 hours. Using the attachment creates soft-serve consistency, so if you want it a bit more firm, freezing is necessary.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar completely. Use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or mix by hand, whichever works for you! Once sugar is dissolved, set mixture aside.
- Assemble and engage the freeze bowl, dasher, and drive assembly. Set the mixer to “STIR” speed and pour the ice cream batter into the freeze bowl; mix 20 minutes, or to desired consistency (up to 30 minutes).
- Remove the dasher and the freeze bowl and, using a rubber spatula or a plastic or wooden spoon, transfer the ice cream to dessert dishes OR an airtight container for storage; we used Pyrex bowls. DO NOT store ice cream in the freeze bowl in the freezer. Prying hard ice cream out of the freeze bowl with metal scoops or utensils may damage the freeze bowl.
Perfect for an easy, eggless version of ice cream for any occasion! You can play around with the extract flavorings if you're feeling bold! Have fun and enjoy!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!