Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 KitchenAid Mixer (with paddle attachment)
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Large baking sheets
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (sifted; spooned and leveled)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (also known as confectioners' sugar)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick; this will allow you to omit salt from the recipe)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (clumps removed; packed)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- ⅔ cup sprinkles
- PAM Flour Baking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray your baking sheets with PAM Flour baking spray OR line them with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- In your large bowl, add your flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, and baking powder, whisk or stir to combine, and then set aside.
- In your mixer bowl, cream together the butter and other sugars (granulated and light brown), until pale, light, and fluffy. You'll mix on low-medium for about 1 minute, with the goal of dissolving most of the sugar granules.
- Once the goal is achieved, add your egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the four mixture until dough begins to form and the streaks of flour no longer remain. At this point, you can then switch over to a spatula to fold in the sprinkles, not to overmix the dough.
- Shape dough into balls about the size of a golf ball and set them on the prepared baking sheets, evenly spaced, and 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are golden brown.NOTE: Cookies will continue to bake once you remove them from the oven, so don't worry if they appear a bit soft. That will contribute to the chewiness that you'll enjoy later!
- Once your 10 minutes are up, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer them to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!Store them in an airtight container, once cooled, to prevent them from hardening and drying out.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!