Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Medium nonstick skillet
- 4 fillets Tilapia (patted dry)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ Tbsp canola oil (divided; 1 Tbsp + ½ Tbsp)
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a small bowl or sealable freezer bag, place the dry patted fish, taco seasoning mix, and 1 Tbsp of oil. Seal the bag and massage the fish until all ingredients are evenly mixed OR using gloved or bare hands (washing thoroughly afterwards), massage the fish in the bowl until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In the medium skillet, on medium heat, begin heating ½ Tbsp of the oil and ½ Tbsp of butter until hot (slightly bubbling/sizzling).
- Carefully place fish in skillet and cook for 5 - 8 minutes, turning once. You want a golden-crusted finish on the fish that also easily flakes when testing with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!