Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 6 cupcakes
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 small or medium bowl
- 1 6-cup muffin tin
- 6 cupcake liners
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Starbucks Hot Cocoa Mix
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted + cooled
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ Tbsp. Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- ⅓ cup milk we used unsweetened almond vanilla
- ¼ cup baking chips we used cream cheese, but feel free to go with whatever you like!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray or line a 6-muffin cup tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, hot cocoa mix, baking powder, and salt.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter. (CRITICAL that the melted butter is cool before adding.)
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg mixture into the flour mix.
- Deposit 1 Tbsp. of batter into each muffin cup. Add chocolate chips to the remaining batter in the bowl and fold in. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 – 10 minutes before removing from the tin and transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!