Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 Cuisinart Handheld Mixer
- 1 each Small/Medium and Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 9" Square Cake Pan
- 1 8.5 oz box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup raw unfiltered honey
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly grease your 9" square cake pan with neutral oil, butter or PAM spray.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (10-second increments; as many times as it takes to melt...maybe 2). Set aside and let cool.
- Add jiffy mix and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. In your smaller mixing bowl, add your egg, milk, butter, and honey, and beat until well combined.
- Add egg mixture to cornbread mixture, and mix until all ingredients are combined and very few to no lumps remain.
- Allow the mixture to sit for up to five minutes, to thicken. Then, pour it into your cake pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- You'll know when they're done, as it'll be a golden brown hue, and it'll pass the toothpick test*.*NOTE: Mentioned within several baking recipes, the toothpick test is when a toothpick is inserted into the thickest part (or center) of your baked good and tested for wet ingredients upon removal. If the toothpick is dry, you're good to remove it from the oven. If the toothpick is still wet, it's ideal to let it cook for another 2 - 5 minutes.
- Once done, cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes. Serve hot with butter and Enjoy!
You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, in a tightly secured container. Any time you're ready to eat, you can enjoy as-is or heat and eat!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!