Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 12-cup muffin tin
- 12 cupcake liners (or spray the muffin pan with PAM baking spray)
- 1 Cuisinart Handheld Mixer (beaters attached)
- 1 ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground Pumpkin pie spice
- ⅙ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk (or any that you have on hand; just keep in mind that the texture may alter...flavor still there)
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil that you have)
- 1 Tbsp white distilled vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 ½ tsp Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- 1 recipe Homemade Buttercream Frosting (Or use store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners OR spray with PAM baking spray.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl and add white granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg. Mix together until well combined.
- Add milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix into a batter on low speed for about a minute. Be careful not to overmix!
- Dividing the batter among the muffin liners evenly, using about ⅓ cup of batter in each.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of one of the test cupcakes comes out clean.
- After toothpick test it passed, remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes (about 5) before transferring to a baking rack to cool for 10 minutes or until completely cool.
- Once cooled, feel free to eat plain or with frosting (homemade or store bought; your choice)!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!