Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 Large pot
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 13 x 9 baking pan
- 1 16 oz box elbow macaroni
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp organic turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk (We used whole, but any kind works)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 - 2 ½ cups Marbled shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot, cook your pasta according to the package's directions. However, since we'll be baking it in the oven, cook your pasta for 3 - 4 minutes and then drain well.
- In a medium saucepan, melt your butter and then stir in the flour, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Gently add milk and heavy cream and cook over medium-high heat until the mixture is smooth and comes to a slight boil, stirring consistently.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to a low simmer, still stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of the cheese and stir until the cheese is fully melted throughout.
- Add pasta, stirring lightly to mix well. Add to the baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165 - 175°F).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!