Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter (2 oz. or 4 Tbsp.) softened
- 4 oz. full-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until combined (about 25-30 seconds), then add powdered sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and coloring until integrated.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If the frosting is too soft to pipe right away, refrigerate in 15 minute increments until piping consistency.
You can add a variety of food coloring for different colors and you can use different extracts for more bold flavors [Orange, Banana, Lemon, etc.]. Great frosting to use for decorating pastries!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!