Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 small or medium bowl
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter (2 oz. or 4 Tbsp.) softened
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese Blocks softened
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 - 3 drops yellow food coloring
- pinch of sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until combined (about 25 - 30 seconds), then add powdered sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and coloring until no streaks remain.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If the frosting is too soft to pipe right away, refrigerate in 15 minute increments until piping consistency.
You can add a variety of food coloring for different colors and you can use different extracts for bold flavors [Orange, Banana, Lemon, etc.]. Great frosting to use for decorating pastries!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!