Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 dozen
- 1 KitchenAid Mixer with paddle attachment
- 1 - 2 Nonstick Baking Cookie Sheets
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese Blocks softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean extract
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch or substitute with 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- additional granulated sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl, using a stand or an electric mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulate sugar until light, fluffy and well-blended.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir to integrate.
- In a second, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch (or additional flour to substitute for), baking powder, and salt.
- Turning your mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add flour mixture (dry ingredients) to the butter and cream cheese mixture, ensuring to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours and up to 5 days.
- After the dough is chilled and you’re craving cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a tablespoon, scoop about a golf-ball-sized amount of dough and roll it between your palms to form a smooth ball. OPTIONAL: Don’t forget to roll the dough around in the granulated sugar (or another topping, if using) and place cookies 2” apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets (or PAM® baking sprayed baking sheets.)
- Transfer to 350°F (175°C) preheated oven and bake for 13 – 14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before enjoying.
*FLOUR NOTE: Make sure not to over-measure your flour. Stir the flour, then scoop into a measuring cup and level. Best way to get an accurate amount of flour!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!